Brazosport HS Hosting STEAM Summer CAMP
Posted on 07/01/2016
Brazosport High School will be hosting its first Science Technology Engineering Arts & Math (STEAM) Summer CAMP Program the week of July 11-15, with the possibility of adding an extra week, pending enrollment numbers. This FREE camp will introduce young makers/innovators to the “Maker Movement,” providing students age 7-17 multiple opportunities to explore leading-edge, emerging technology hardware and software. Each camper will also have access to the high school’s art studio 3D printers, 3D pens, 3D VR (Virtual Reality) camera, and VR viewers/software to bring their creations to life.
The student makers and designers will learn and hone their digital fabrication/CAD (Computer Aided Design) skills in 2D and 3D design software before bringing projects to the VR viewers, 3D pens, and 3D printers. During the week students will go on Virtual Field Trips as a group and also have the opportunities to use the VR headsets to take GOOGLE Expeditions.
Some of this year’s project themes will include:
The camp, led by Brazosport teacher Rhonda Church, will be held in Brazosport High School’s art room July 11-15, Monday–Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon and on Friday 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The camp is FREE for all students ages 7-17.
For more information and permission forms, go to: STEAM Summer Camp Program 2016
- Things That Go - set out on an adventure to investigate watercraft and aircraft building, and modern ways of navigation
- Mechanical Wonders Explore Movement - traditional mechanical construction techniques
- Way-out Sound - create electronic instruments with crazy sounds and then write some music
- Sci-Fi Get Inspired – using classic sci-fi, explore fun new ways to create your own vision of the future
- Farmstead Gardening & Homespun Projects