2016 High School Course Extravaganza
Not sure what high school is about? Are you looking for a way to find out what classes are offered at High School? Do you like athletics, theater, band, and orchestra? Interested in going to college or perhaps a career in auto mechanics, welding, nursing or cosmetology?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then you need to attend the High School Course Extravaganza!!!!
Where: Brazoswood High School
Date: January 27, 2016
Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Facts that may help you when picking your High School and Elective courses:
Elective’s are classes outside the required curriculum that you get to choose. You may find elective classes in subjects such as art, music, journalism, computer programming and business.
Taking elective classes can give you a chance to:
How can choosing Elective/Career and Technology (CTE) classes help you with your future?
- Explore your interests
- Lighten a demanding class schedule
- Have fun studying something you love
Is there any proof that a student who participates in Electives/CTE courses works? Yes!!!
- Prepare you for a successful career
- Earn possible college credit and/or certifications
- Tools needed to be successful in a job after high school and/or further your postsecondary education, whether technical school, two-year college, or four-year college
- Students who participate in or take two or more Electives/CTE courses are less likely to drop out of high school
- High School Electives/CTE programs prepare students for the many high paying, high-tech jobs requiring less than a bachelor’s degree
- Students concentrating in Electives/CTE have test scores equal to those who are “College Prep” students