Information Included on the Federal Report Card
- Part I: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level - Provides the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) performance and participation results for each subject area and grade level tested.
Participation reports also include reports of the participation of Children with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) by assessment type.
- Part II: Student Achievement and State Academic Annual Measurable Objectives (AMOs) - Provides the AMO outcomes and data table of STAAR performance results for each subject area tested in the accountability subset. This section also includes participation rates on STAAR for reading/English and mathematics, use of alternative assessments, plus four-year and five-year graduation rates.
- Part III: Priority and Focus Schools - Provides information on priority schools and focus schools. Priority schools are the lowest 5% of Title I-served campuses based on performance in reading and mathematics and graduation rates. Focus schools are 10% of Title I served campuses, not already identified as priority schools, that have the widest gaps between student group performance and safeguard targets.
- Part IV:Teacher Quality Data - Provides information on teacher quality in three parts:
Part A – Percent of Teachers by Highest Degree Held – Professional qualifications of all public elementary and secondary teachers in the Texas
Part B and C – Teachers with Emergency/Provisional Credentials, Highly Qualified (HQ) Teachers High Poverty/Low Poverty Summary Reports – Percentage of all public elementary and secondary school teachers teaching with emergency or provisional credentials, and the percentage of classes in the state not taught by highly qualified teachers disaggregated by high-poverty compared to low-poverty schools.
- Part V: Graduates Enrolled in Texas Institution of Higher Education (IHE) - Provides the percentage of students who enroll and begin instruction at an institution of higher education in Texas during the school year (fall or spring semester) following high school graduation.
- Part VI: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) Results - Provides most recent NAEP results for Texas showing reading and mathematics performance results and participation rates, disaggregated by student group.