The department of early childhood education in Brazosport ISD provides early learning opportunities for children who are three and four years old. Early childhood education increases student learning in language, literacy, and math and prepares children to succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
TEA Pre-Kindergarten Regulations
To best meet the needs of our students and community, Brazosport ISD offers three early childhood programs:
Pre-kindergarten is an early learning program to prepare children for kindergarten who are identified as at risk. Pre-kindergarten provides learning to children who are 4 years old on or before September 1st.
Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD):
The preschool program for children with disabilities is a special education program to meet the needs of students who are identified as needing special education services. The preschool program for children with disabilities provides services to children beginning on their third birthday. If you suspect that your child has a disability, please call Katie Ward, Elementary Special Education Coordinator at (979) 730-7000 ext. 12981 to schedule a screening.
The Pre-Kindergarten Bilingual program is for children who are identified limited English speakers. To see if your child qualifies for Pre-kindergarten Bilingual please contact your zoned elementary school.
Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Elementary Schools Contact Information
Benefits of Pre-Kindergarten:
- Nobel-Prize-winning economist James Heckman estimates that every dollar spent on early childhood education returns 10 cents annually over the life of a child (Heckman 2011).
- Have higher reading skills by the third grade than students who attend full-day kindergarten alone.
- Have higher high school graduation rates
- Perform better on standardized tests
- Are less likely to repeat a grade
- Are less likely to be placed in special education