U.S. Navy Lt. Raul David Jimenez

U.S. Navy Lt. Raul David JimenezBrazosport Independent School District honors its rich history and heritage by inducting one of its fallen – yet finest - into the Brazosport Independent School District Wall of Fame. BISD is privileged to commemorate the life and service of U.S. Navy Lt. Raul David Jimenez, Brazosport High School class of 1993.

David Jimenez accomplished a great deal in his short life. Jimenez was a role model in high school, a leader as the corner-back of the 1992 Bi-district Exporter football team, as a member of the baseball team, the band, and student council. He graduated 7th in his class, earning various scholarships for athletics and academics.

Recommended for the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis by then Congressman Greg Laughlin, Jimenez went on to graduate from the Academy in 1997, with a BS in Aerospace Engineering. From there, David went on to Pensacola, Florida to flight training where he received his “golden wings.”

After 9/11 Lt. Jimenez answered the call to fly helicopters in Operation Enduring Freedom and in Operation Iraqi Freedom in support for the Global War on Terrorism.

David was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal - presented for sustained acts of heroism and meritorious service, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service and Expeditionary Medals and numerous letters of commendation.

When David would return to the area, on leave to visit his mother, he would often times visit BISD schools to encourage students to work hard and focus on their academics. As Lt. Jimenez told the students of Lanier Middle School on just such a visit, “I was sitting in your place once, now I have reached my goal. I wanted to go to college and I wanted to fly. If you better your education, you can succeed.”

Lt. Raul David Jimenez an inspiration to all who knew him and a role model for our youth, died in a training mission, January 27, 2006 at the age of 31. Jimenez accomplished a great deal in a life cut too short.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.