The Board of Trustees voted to develop a citizens bond advisory committee comprised of representatives from each stakeholder group. The role of the advisory committee is to 1) consider and evaluate the needs of the district, 2) develop recommended propositions for Board approval. The committee’s meeting schedules, agendas, minutes and presentations will be posted on this website. This committee serves a purely advisory function in accordance with Board policy BDB (legal). All final decisions will be made by the Board of Trustees.
Members of the committee were selected based on nominations by Board members, Superintendent, and received nominations. The goal was to get a broad representation of district partners from the business community, industries, city officials, Board of Trustees district representatives, teachers, parents, those with previous bond committee experience.
All meetings will be held at the Brazoswood High School library from 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Committee Purpose and Process
- Bond History
- Current State of the District
- School Finance Lesson
- Bond Survey
- Presentation of Identified Needs and Proposed Projects
- Finance and Tax Impact Scenarios
- Other project considerations
- Review of Proposed Projects
- Follow-up on other project considerations
- Rating of projects
- Develop recommendation to the Board of Trustees
- Propositions, Size/Amount, Action
Dan Schaefer, Chief Financial Officer
District information will be available to the committee members at each meeting through representatives from district departments. These participants are not part of the committee but include: