In 2015 Brazosport I.S.D. piloted a 1 to 1 initiative at 3 elementary campuses. These campuses are Jane Long Elementary, O.A. Fleming Elementary and Stephen F. Austin STEM Academy. In 2016 Brazosport ISD named the 1 to 1 initiative EmpowerED and added all secondary grades (5-12). EmpowerED means that each student in grade 5-12 levels will be receiving a Chromebook device. This initiative is funded by the 2012 bond and aligns with the District’s Strategic Plan. The purpose of this initiative is to provide equipment and resources to meet the needs of today’s students, teach 21st century skills and graduate all BISD students as future ready.
In order for your student to participate and receive a Chromebook, you must complete the following requirements.
- Access to digital educational resources
- Availability beyond the school day
- Individualized learning
- Creativity and innovation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication and collaboration
- Technology literacy skills
- Ease of management
- Free software updates
- Low purchase price point
- Low Total cost of Ownership
- Access to Digital resources and textbooks
- Lightweight and portable
- Compatible with Google Apps for Education
For additional assistance or more information, please contact Brazosport ISD’s Technology Department at 979-730-7100.